The Fulbright Scholarship Program
The Fulbright Scholarship Program is one of the US Embassy scholarships for International students, Africans, Asians, and developing nations.
Is Fulbright scholarship fully funded?
The Fulbright Scholarship Program is a fully-funded scholarship in USA. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is open to international students from 155 countries around the world.
The Fulbright Scholarship Program happens to be the largest Fulbright program within Africa that provides financial assistance, grants, and scholarship for a maximum of two years of study toward a graduate degree in a U.S. university, or for participation in non-degree research or nonacademic professional program. The Fulbright Scholarship Program is designed primarily to strengthen African universities through higher degree training for faculty members. Applications are also accepted from International students in public and private educational and cultural institutions, independent research institutes, and professional institutions.
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
The Fulbright Junior Staff Development Program is administered by the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section, which nominates five candidates to the Fulbright Scholarship Board in Washington, DC. The Fulbright Scholarship Board makes the final selection of candidates.
Fulbright Scholarship Awards are granted for study toward one degree, for a maximum of two years, or for participation in a non-degree research or professional program for up to one academic year.
Fulbright Scholarship Program Benefits
Fulbright Scholarship Program Grant awards guarantee full funding for: round-trip travel, insurance coverage, tuition and fees, maintenance allowance, books and supplies, and course-required field trips. Depending on the availability of Fulbright funds, grant awards may also include a pre-academic orientation in the first year.
Fulbright Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be citizens of Lesotho or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid passport issued by Lesotho.
- Applicants must at least be first degree or honors degree holders and should have a record of outstanding academic achievement and preparation in their chosen field of study. They must show high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program and to returning home.
- Applicants should either be candidates for an advanced degree in their current field or for a specialized non-degree program in a field for which they are well prepared. Applicants who wish to pursue study in a field other than their current field of study must demonstrate an adequate background in that field.
- Applicants must be affiliated with or committed to working at an academic institution or public or private institutions upon returning home and should have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must have a sufficiently high level of English proficiency to enable them to complete a full-time program of graduate study in the United States.
- The age of applicants must be between 25 and 40 years old.
- Applicants with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference.
How To Apply for Fulbright Scholarship Program
To apply for Fulbright Scholarship Program, please submit a pre-application to the U.S. Embassy via email consisting of the following:
- Two-page Statement of Intent/Study Objective
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Copy
- Academic Records (Certificate and Transcript)
- Two Reference Letters
Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 social distancing measures, applications will be accepted via email at InfoMaseru@state.gov.
Important Email Fulbright Scholarship Program Application Guidelines:
- All the abovementioned application documents must be strictly combined into a single PDF document and not submitted as multiple, separate attachments on the application email submission. Applications that do not adhere to this requirement will be disqualified immediately.
- The subject line on all email applications must be: Fulbright Scholarship 2022 Application – [insert last name of applicant].
Fulbright Scholarship Application Timelines
The 2022 application season is now open. We are accepting applications for the 2023 academic year between January 18 and April 1, 2022.
No late applications will be accepted.
How hard is it to get a Fulbright scholarship?
Fulbright scholarship is not really that hard to get if you follow the application procedures duly.
Please note that due to a large volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Following the oral interview phase of the recruitment process, selected semi-finalists will be asked to complete a full online application at https://apply.iie.org.